2009 Australian Romance Readers Awards – Winners
Campbell was voted Favourite Australian Romance Author of 2009 and also won Favourite Historical Romance for her fourth novel, Captive of Sin.
The night was a bonanza of wins for Australian authors, with Paula Roe, Kandy Shepherd and Bronwyn Parry taking the prizes in their categories.
Roe won Favourite Short Category Romance for The Magnate’s Baby Promise. Shepherd won Favourite Contemporary Romance for Love is a Four-Legged Word. Parry won Favourite Romantic Suspense for Dark Country.
New Zealand author Nalini Singh, who was also the guest speaker for the event, won Favourite Continuing Romance Series for her Psy-Changeling books and Favourite Sci-fi, Fantasy or Futuristic Romance for Angel’s Blood.
The awards were well supported by local independent bookshops, including Ever After, Galaxy Bookshop, Love Books, Romance Direct, Romantic Reflections, Rosemary’s Romance Books and Temptation. Mills & Boon sponsored the category romance award.
The full list of nominees, winners and award sponsors is available on the ARRA website.
The Australian Romance Readers Awards are held each year to recognise ARRA members’ favourite romance books. Finalists and winners are nominated by readers.
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- #ARRC2015 Bloggers’ Roundtable – Registration - February 28, 2015
- The Great Romance Debate: Does your romance always have to come with a happy ending? - February 24, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) - February 17, 2015
- 2015 Romance Festival - February 7, 2015
- Call for submissions: A zine for lovers of romance fiction - January 29, 2015