Here’s what the Book Thingo bloggers got up to in March!
Night Broken by Patricia Briggs (Kat) — The big villain isn’t nearly as fascinating as Mercy’s relationships with Adam and the pack, which is perfect because those relationships are what keeps me hooked on this series.
Shamed In The Sands by Sharon Kendrick (Jodi) — I wanted something different from a desert romance. What I got was the most stereotypical virgin heroine/playboy hero romance of all time.
The Girl With All The Gifts by MR Carey (guest review by Nyssa) — Unexpected and deeply engaging, this book is a superbly written original masterpiece that will inspire.
Kat reviewed the following books for the Booktopia Romance Buzz:
- Floored by Ainslie Paton (book of the month)
- Her Kind Of Trouble by Sarah Mayberry
- The Winter Bride by Anne Gracie
- Between the Devil and Ian Eversea by Julie Anne Long
- The Naughty Girls’ Book Club by Sophie Hart
Heart to Heart podcast with Sarah Wendell and a mystery reader — Kat hosts the first episode of Destiny Romance’s Heart to Heart podcast
Veronica Mars (2014) — Film review by Kat
Decadence updated our Black Dagger Brotherhood cheat sheets:
Mr Historical – The 10 Best History Heroes in Romance — Gabby at the Momentum blog puts together a Very Contentious List
A Plethora of Cringe – 10 of the worst ‘special’ moments in romance and erotica — Gabby at the Momentum blog demonstrates that when erotica is bad, it’s reeeeeally bad
And more non-book-related posts from Gabby at the Momentum blog:
Jodi’s regular column at the Momentum blog recapping The Bold and the Beautiful:
- The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 28 February 2014
- ‘This wacky world full of sexual shenanigans’ The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 7 March 2014
- ‘The Worst Lunch Ever’ The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 14 March 2014
- The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 21 March 2014
- “Please, sir, I want some more”: why Oliver is the most underused character on The Bold and the Beautiful, and how to fix it
- The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 28 March 2014