Some you may have seen this cover for Lover Reborn on Amazon, Goodreads and other bookish sites, but I’m not convinced it’s the final official cover because I haven’t seen Ward release it herself on her Facebook page, and it’s not in her photo albums or on her website. But the cover for Envy appeared suddenly as her new profile pic.
There are small excerpts from upcoming releases on Facebook from Qhuinn where he’s jealous of his cousin for being with Blay (Lover Reborn), Rhage’s love for Mary (their novella) and the size of a male’s (presumably Veck) appendage in Envy.
With Envy coming in less than a month, Ward has been devoting her efforts to promoting the next Fallen Angels instalment, with daily quotes and weekly videos posted on Facebook.
But the recent Envy signing also produced some amazing BDB spoilers, with highlights from The Obscured Vixen (Click on the link to find out about Layla’s talent. I swear it’s worth it!) and My Secret Private Playground:
- Unlike the other books, which take place over a short period of time, Lover Reborn spans a year. Tohr is still in love with Wellsie and he needs time for his heart and mind to catch up to his body. But still no confirmation of whom he will ultimately end up with.
- Lover Reborn introduces a new character, Assail, who is second only to Z in Ward’s opinion. It’s implied he is male.
- Someone is inducted into the Brotherhood in either Lover Reborn or the next book, but it is not revealed who. (JM? Payne?)
- Ward has an idea for a third series, but she isn’t saying anything because it may not happen since she is already so busy with the two series she’s writing now.
- Jose de la Cruz will appear in both Envy and an upcoming BDB book where he’ll see Butch, only he won’t be allowed to remember.
- She already knows who Trez and iAm will end up with, and their stories will be told in the same book as they happen sort of around the same time. We’ve met one of them, but not the other. (Could one of them be Layla? Are they both Chosen? — Decadence)
- She is three-quarters through Rhage and Mary’s novella, which has turned into a short book. She also saps out over Phury and Cormia’s son Aggy (Ahgony).
Follow the links for the full story.
Ward’s message boards made a welcome return last month, but unfortunately Ward continues to focus on Facebook. I find the Facebookpage harder to keep up with, and if you live outside the US everything has hundreds of comments before you even see it, so you can’t tell if she’s answered someone’s question without extensive scrolling. It’s a shame because I had looked forward to the ease of use the boards offer.
More of Ward’s earlier Jessica Bird titles have been reissued, with The Rebel (Silhouette Special Edition) and An Irresistible Bachelor (from the same series as An Unforgettable Lady) having been given a facelift.
Have you heard any new BDB spoilers? What are you looking forward to most in the series? Let us know!