Update: In the podcast, I mistakenly introduce Wendy as working for Orange County. This is incorrect. But she does work as a librarian in southern California.
Libraries are magical places to people who love books. For me, it was also the place where my love for romance fiction really grew. So I’m always interested to hear from librarians who actively acquire romance fiction. First, because I think there’s still a stigma around romance. Second, because librarians are so close to readers who are not me, and I’m so curious to know what other readers look for and how they find books.
SuperWendy has been blogging about romance since I can remember reading romance blogs. She was on my list of must-meet people at this year’s Romantic Times convention. I left nothing to chance. I went to a panel that she was on, and then cornered her at the end of the session.
This podcast covers so many interesting topics from the point of view of libraries and librarians. If you’re a self-published author, Wendy talks about some of the things that librarians have to consider when they acquire books. So if you’re looking to get your books into a library, this episode is for you.
- BT | Amz | Aud — Nevada Nights by Ruth Ryan Langan
- BT | Amz | Aud — Velvet Montgomery series by Jude Deveraux
- BT | Amz | Aud — A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
- BT | Amz | Aud — Watermelon by Marian Keyes
- BT | Amz | Aud — Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
- BT | Amz | Aud — One For the Money by Janet Evanovich
- BT | Amz | Aud — Body Double by Tess Gerritsen
- BT | Amz | Aud — Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (Decadence’s review)
- BT | Amz | Aud — Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- @MaggieReadsRom — Maggie is a romance reader based in the UK, who introduced me to bacon waffles at RT.
- @alpha_heroes — Nicola is a romance reviewer based in the US. We bonded over cheese and beer in Seattle, and Cards Against Humanity at RT.
- @SmartBitches — Sarah Wendell needs no introduction. She’s awesome.
- @kindle_jo — I can’t remember how I met Jo, but I remember we met at the bar. Quite a few times.
- @parajunkee — I met Rachel at the Blogger Symposium…and later at the bar.
- @katiebabs — Romance reviewer and author, who I’ve known online for so long and finally met at RT.
- @dearauthor — I might have stalked Jane all week at RT. I won’t lie. I was thrilled to finally meet her, and had zero chill during that encounter.
- All About Romance — One of the earliest review sites for romance books, and remains a great place to find romance book reviews.
- Rosario’s Reading Journal — Book blogger based in Uruguay.
- Publisher’s Weekly
- Kirkus Reviews
- Library Journal
- @Vassiliki (my librarian) — You can read her thoughts on serendipitous reading on her fabulous blog, Shallowreader.
- Baker & Taylor
- RWA — Contact details to get information on libraries acquiring foreign language editions
- Rudi and Gabby’s duelling review of Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas