This year is a bonanza for romance readers in Australia, with at least 4 dedicated events to meet romance authors: Books by the Bridge in Sydney last weekend; the Australian Romance Readers Convention in Melbourne this weekend; Fictionally Yours, Melbourne in September; and Riveting Reads in Brisbane in October
We feature organisers for two of these events. Diane is helping out at the Australian Romance Readers Convention, and we chat about her expectations as a first-time attendee. Penny Rudge is co-founder of Fictionally Yours, Melbourne, and we chat about how this event came to being, and why it has been so successful.
Rudi and I will be at ARRC this weekend, so if you’re a podcast listener, please come and say hi!
View this post on Instagram
I had a looong chat with Penny Rudge, who runs @fictionallyyoursmelb. This event sold out within five hours. FIVE HOURS! You'll hear part of our chat on an upcoming podcast episode. (The rest was off the record, but mostly me marvelling at what Penny, Tina and their team have accomplished!)
- BT | Amz | Aud — Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James [ review ]
- BT | Amz | Aud — Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
- BT | Amz | Aud — Stand by T. Gephart
Kylie Scott, Kristen Callihan, Courtney Milan, Maggie Nash, Sylvia Day, Kasey Millstead, Nina Levine, River Savage, Rachel Brookes, Abbi Glines, Pepper Winters, Jay Crownover, Leisa Rayven, Tina Gephart, Kristen Ashley, Harper Sloan, M. Robinson
- Australian Romance Readers Convention — February 24-26, 2017 at the Rydges Melbourne
- Fictionally Yours, Melbourne — September 16-17, 2017 at Crown Casino
- Love Between the Covers — A documentary about the world of romance fiction
- Melbourne — City of Literature
- Disneyland Magic Morning