This episode begins a series of interviews that we conducted at the Australian Romance Readers Convention. This was the last ARRC to be organised by ARRA (at least, in the foreseeable future), and although it was a smaller event than I had expected, it meant that we were able to spend more time chatting with authors, catching up with friends, and meeting new romance enthusiasts serendipitously while grabbing a cupcake from the afternoon tea spread. Courtney was extremely generous with her time, and I’m so glad we had the chance to have her as a guest on the show. We start the interview with a reference to a live reading that Courtney did of a short story in a Hamilton-themed anthology. I don’t have a release date yet, but iCourtney shares some details about the stories in the book. If you’re a Hamilton fan, you’ll definitely want to get this one!
Two final things you need to know about this podcast: 1) Rudi and I were ridiculously thrilled to be in the same room as Courtney, so please forgive me if I don’t always sound cool and detached; and 2) the audio pixies were back with a vengeance, so the sound fluctuates quite a bit in this episode. Rudi, as usual, used her magic to minimise the effects of my technological incompetence!
- Not yet released — Hamilton’s Battalion (anthology)
- BT | Amz | Aud — Trade Me by Courtney Milan
- BT | Amz | Aud — Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
- BT | Amz | Aud — The Duchess War by Courtney Milan
- BT | Amz | Aud — Hold Me by Courtney Milan
- BT | Amz | Aud — Beginner’s Guide: Love and Other Chemical Reactions by Six de los Reyes [ review ]
- Hamilton — An awesome Broadway musical, which everyone needs to hear
- Romantic Times Convention (RT)
- Can we talk about black women in stock photos? — Courtney’s blog post on stock photos of people of colour
- iPad Pro — Amazon | Apple
- iPad Pencil — Amazon | Apple
- NPR’s best books of 2016