I’m joined in this episode by two of my partners in #romancelandian (a play on Romancelandia; loosely translated, it means flirty romance), Chachic and April. I caught up with these ladies in Makati and managed to sneak in a chat after we recorded the live readings. They’re huge advocates for romance, both in the Philippines but also internationally through online channels, and I’m so chuffed that we were able to get together in person. April, in particular, had to travel a bit to meet up with us, and ended up stranded in Manila overnight after this interview!
Thanks also to all of you, our listeners, whose reactions to our previous episode have been AMAZING. Audio extracts are something that Rudi and I are looking at doing more of in 2018, so please keep the feedback coming! (Pun only slightly intended.)
Finally, thanks to author Eve Dangerfield for letting us include an extracts from Locked Box. I can’t remember how I stumbled onto this book (probably via Twitter) but the banter between hero and heroine was so delicious, I knew it would be perfect for a reading.
View this post on Instagram
Today's #FeelsFest2017 prompt is pics with #romanceclass buddies. So many fun events, activities, meet ups and even sleepovers with different groups of friends.🙌 What I love about romanceclass is that it's a community for both authors AND readers! I'm a reader and I don't write books but I still have a strong sense of belonging in the romanceclass community.💕📚
- Amz — Locked Box by Eve Dangerfield
- Web | Amz — Precious Hearts romance
- BT | Amz — Sweet Valley Kids series
- BT | Amz — Sweet Valley High series
- BT | Amz — Sweet Valley University series
- BT | Amz — I Do by Elizabeth Chandler
- BT | Amz — At First Sight by Elizabeth Chandler
- BT | Amz | Aud — Final Duty series by Tessa Bailey
- BT | Amz — My Imaginary Ex by Mina V. Esguerra
- BT | Amz — Menage by Emma Holly
- Amz — Under the Sugar Sun by Jennifer Hallock
- Amz — The Wild by K. Webster
- Amz — Fairy Tale Fail by Mina V. Esguerra
- BT | Amz | Aud — Asking For Trouble by Tessa Bailey
- BT | Amz | Aud — Officer Off Limits by Tessa Bailey
- #romanceclass — You can find info on the community and a list of books at romanceclassbooks.com, and you can find videos of live reading events on YouTube. They also have a FB group.
- Litsy — Mobile social media platform for readers
- Summit Books — Romance publisher in the Philippines00
Locked Box by Eve Dangerfield
Julia Bennett isn’t having a great day. Funding for her video game is low, her day job is sucking her dry, and to cap it all off she’s locked in a police station with the very handsome, extremely married guy she’s been avoiding at all costs.
Max Connor isn’t having a great year. He’s getting divorced, his best friend is squatting in his house, and his inappropriate crush on the IT girl is getting way out of hand. And that was before he locked the two of them in an evidence room.
Surrounded by three decades’ worth of drugs, guns, and floppy disks, Max and Julia are forced to confront the heat that lies between them with dangerous, funny, and occasionally toe-curlingly sexy results.