We’re celebrating our 50th episode by having one of our favourite people on the show. Vassiliki Veros has been long overdue as a guest, and I love that she joins us for this milestone episode. We talk about the first time we met (in the library), how I apparently pressured her into attending the first ARRA convention (I’m sure I wasn’t that bad!), her doctoral research on romance fiction and library practice, and her love for Mills and Boon. We explore our very different perspectives on the ‘happy ever after’ (HEA), the practice of shelving books in the library, and Vassiliki gives us some insights into what librarians really think about sex in the stacks!
Don’t forget that you can still send us a recording of your favourite romance scene. Check out our guide on how to record an audio reply, and email us or tag us on social media so we can find your clip and maybe even include it in a future episode!
- BT | Amz — All Through the Night by Suzanne Brockmann
- BT | Amz — The Shadowed Reunion by Lillian Cheatham (the one with the awful sounding hero!)
- BT | Amz — Passion by Lisa Valdez
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- ARRC 2009 — Readers convention hosted by the Australian Romance Readers Association
- Romantic Times Convention
- Public Lending Right (PLR)
- National Library of Australia
- Macquarie University Library
- University of Technology Sydney Library