Dr Jodi McAlister really needs to introduction here at Book Thingo. She’s our resident virgin hornypants expert, and her recaps of the Australian seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are epic (see links below). It’s fabulous to have her back on the show just as she’s about to take up a tenured position at Deakin University, and in a wonderful twist of fate, her new book, Ironheart comes out today!
Quick note: Towards the end of the episode, Jodi mentions being a republican. I need to clarify that in Australia, a republican is someone who believes that we should elect our own head of state and therefore become a republic rather than a constitutional monarchy. It is not at all related to the US politics.
And don’t forget: It’s not too late to send us a recording of you reading aloud from a favourite romance book. Keen but unsure how to do this? We wrote a handy guide on how to record audio which you can send us via email, or you can record a video on Twitter or Instagram (just make sure you tag us @BookThingo so we can find your clip). We’d love to feature as many of your readings as we can!
- BT | Amz — Valentine by Jodi McAlister
- BT | Amz — Ironheart by Jodi McAlister
- BT | Amz | Aud — Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh
- BT | Amz | Aud — Royally Matched by Emma Chase
- BT | Amz — A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
- Previous podcast with Jodi — Part 1 & Part 2
- Deakin University
- Genre Worlds — Academic research project on Australian popular fiction
- Harlequin — Major Australian publisher of romance fiction
- Allen & Unwin
- IASPR Conference 2018
- Somerset Writers’ Festival
- Jodi’s recaps of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette
- The Bachelor Australia (TV)
- Bachelor in Paradise (TV)
- The Bachelor Winter Games (TV)
- iTunes | Amazon — Jonathan Creek (TV)
- iTunes | Amazon — The Vampire Diaries (TV)
- Jodi’s findings from her royal-themed Christmas romance TV binge — 25 things you need to know about falling in love with a prince