Indigenous Literacy Day 2012
Today is Indigenous Literacy Day, an initiative by the Indigenous Literacy Foundation to help raise funds and awareness for literacy in Indigenous communities.
You can participate by making a donation, supporting an Great Book Swap event in your local community or buying a book from a bookshop that supports ILD and will donate a percentage of sales today to the ILF.
I’ve listed a few below, but if your event isn’t listed, please feel free to add their details in the comments.
Ashfield Library, NSW — Aboriginal Dreaming stories
Fisher Library (University of Sydney), Camperdown NSW — Great Book Swap
Health Sciences Library (University of Sydney), Lidcombe NSW — Great Book Swap
Mosman Library, NSW — Family story time
Museum of Contemporary Art, The Rocks NSW — Great Book Swap and talks
National Library of Australia, Canberra ACT — Great Book Swap and special events (15/9)
One Word, One Day, Ultimo NSW or online – Art auction by illustrators, organised by the Australian Society of Authors
Pages and Pages, Mosman NSW — Book busking
If you can’t make it to any of these, you can check out for other ILF events in your local area throughout the year.
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- Amazon launches Australian Kindle store – Kindle Fire now available - November 13, 2013
- Melbourne Cup readers’ sweep 2013 - November 5, 2013
- Bridget Jones fans are not happy, Jan - September 30, 2013
- Reactions to Anna Goldsworthy’s Quarterly Essay: Introduction - September 28, 2013
- Welcome to Gabby and Jodi and did you spot the bloggers at the DBSA podcast? - September 23, 2013