Melbourne Cup readers’ sweep 2011
Yes, it’s on again! For a chance to win some books, come and enter our Melbourne Cup sweep! Fancy hats optional.
Update: Numbers are up! We only got 14 entries this year, so I’ve doubled everyone up. Anyone who got a number over 24 won’t get a second horse, but they’ll automatically get a free book from our giveaway pile—lucky you! :-D Good luck, everyone!
Tomorrow we’re celebrating the Race That Stops The Nation and as has become our annual tradition at Book Thingo, we’re running a readers’ sweep.
Here’s how it works:
1. The first 24 people to comment here or tweet using the hashtag #btsweep are in. If you’re commenter #25, that’s okay—we’ll keep the comments open, and if we get another 24 people, we’ll run a second sweep.
2. Participants signing up via comments must do so before noon tomorrow (1/11/2011) AEDT to give me time to allocate your horses.
3. Participants signing up via Twitter must do so before midnight tonight (30/10/2011) AEDT to give me time to allocate your horses.
4. Only Australian participants are eligible, but overseas readers can wear fancy hats and join in spirit. (If you live overseas but can supply an Australian mailing address, that’s good enough.)
5. I’ll assign random numbers against each participant. The numbers will correspond to horses as per this list. The horse allocations will be posted on Book Thingo before 2pm AEDT tomorrow. The race starts at 3pm AEDT.
6. Each participant promises to send a book to the winner. The book can be a used book as long as it’s in good nick, and it has to be a book you’d actually recommend to someone (i.e. not from your DNF pile).
7. If, for some reason, the winning number wasn’t allocated to anyone, then whoever has the highest placing horse will be declared the winner.
I’ll announce the winner after the race (usually around 3pm AEDT). If you win, you’ll have to provide a mailing address to everyone who promised to send you a book. I’ll email you to get your details, then I’ll forward your details to everyone who entered, either via email or by sending them a private message on Twitter.
Consolation prizes: If your horse comes second, third or last, I’ll send you a book from our giveaway bag. I’ll email you to check your preferred genre.
1 – Kasia
2 – Marg
3 – Bree
4 – Jill
5 – Danielle
6 – Nicole Murphy
7 – quentaris
8 – L
9 – Nikki
10 – Lianakay – SCRATCHED
11 – Jacki
12 – obsidiantears83
13 – bon@hk
14 – Christina
15 – Nikki
16 – Nicole Murphy
17 – Marg
18 – Jacki
19 – obsidiantears83
20 – L
21 – Bree
22 – quentaris
23 – Danielle
24 – Jill
N/A – bon@hk
N/A – Kasia
N/A – Christina
N/A – Lianakay
Here’s the random allocation. For the second list, I added 14 to the number in order to get the second horse.
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- Sydney Writers’ Festival 2015 – Is this romance I see before me? - May 22, 2015
- Quiet on the blog doesn’t mean we have been silent - May 18, 2015
- C. S. Pacat signing videos are now on YouTube - April 11, 2015
- C. S. Pacat signing at Galaxy Bookshop - April 10, 2015
- On ethical dilemmas in literary culture - March 27, 2015