National Year of Reading 2012
If you haven’t already heard, 2012 will be all about books. Come and read with us!
In 2012, Australian libraries and library associations are leading a nationwide campaign, National Year of Reading, to share their passion for reading. With the help of schools, authors publishers, booksellers, the media and other organisations various events are being organised throughout the year to promote literacy and inspire people into (re)discovering a love of books.
The event was officially launched yesterday, so expect to hear more about events and initiatives throughout the year. For more information, visit the official website.
The NSW Readers Advisory Working Group is hosting an online reading group at the Love2Read blog. If you’re on Twitter, come and join the monthly online discussions via #NYR12. These are usually on the last Tuesday of the month from 8pm.
You can also support the initiative by purchasing items from the NYR CafePress shop. A portion of the profits will go to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- Romance fiction is not your bitch - April 17, 2014
- Blogging muster: March 2014 - April 17, 2014
- Bookmarked - April 16, 2014
- The Bold and the Beautiful: Stormswept by Shannon Curtis - April 15, 2014
- Sydney Writers’ Festival 2014 – The almost-romance panels - April 11, 2014