National Year of Reading 2012
If you haven’t already heard, 2012 will be all about books. Come and read with us!
In 2012, Australian libraries and library associations are leading a nationwide campaign, National Year of Reading, to share their passion for reading. With the help of schools, authors publishers, booksellers, the media and other organisations various events are being organised throughout the year to promote literacy and inspire people into (re)discovering a love of books.
The event was officially launched yesterday, so expect to hear more about events and initiatives throughout the year. For more information, visit the official website.
The NSW Readers Advisory Working Group is hosting an online reading group at the Love2Read blog. If you’re on Twitter, come and join the monthly online discussions via #NYR12. These are usually on the last Tuesday of the month from 8pm.
You can also support the initiative by purchasing items from the NYR CafePress shop. A portion of the profits will go to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- The F Word: Romance – Broadcast - July 30, 2015
- A postscript on John Havel’s plagiarism, The Hustle’s apology, Eden Connor’s rebuttal, and Sam Parr’s douchebaggery - July 29, 2015
- 2015 RITA and Golden Heart awards – Winners - July 27, 2015
- The Captive Prince launch – official video now on YouTube - July 25, 2015
- Eden Connor addresses ‘bro’ tone on The Hustle & other problems with John Havel’s piece - July 24, 2015