What are you favourite lines from romance books?
We’re looking for three standout quotes from romance books for a secret project, and we need your help!
When Gabby wrote her open letter to the Sydney Writers’ Festival, we were overwhelmed with the level of support her post received from you, our fellow readers. And talk—well, tweets—turned into ideas on how we can bring attention to the lack of romance in literary festivals.
Well, Gabby, Jen and I have been working on it! (Well, mostly Jen, but we’ve been cheering her on and helping when we can.) At this point, we can’t reveal what we’re doing, yet—it’s still a secret project. (Let’s call it Operation LitRom!)
But we need your help. We’re looking for three quotes from romance books that fit the following criteria:
1. It is one sentence long. Maximum three if they are super short sentences.
2. It resembles the kind of quote you’d see in a literary book. That is, the words are beautiful, and the idea or image is also beautiful. (Or ugly in a beautiful way, if you know what I mean.)
3. The book it comes from is in the romance genre. At this stage, we’re not considering books with romantic elements or classics. (You’ll see why when we reveal all!)
4. The book it comes from is an excellent book—a book you’d recommend to a non-romance reader as an example of the best the genre has to offer.
We’re open to quotes from any romance subgenre and author. Please post the quote in the comments and include the book title and author.
We had originally planned to do this on a smaller scale, but there are so many books we haven’t read, and I’m not a person who keeps a quotes diary, so we desperately need recommendations from other readers.
So over to you, fellow readers (and that includes authors, editors, publishers—anyone who reads and loves romance fiction). What are you favourite romance book quotes?
Latest posts by Kat (see all)
- Blogger blackout - October 24, 2014
- A response to the support received by Kathleen Hale after she stalked a book blogger - October 23, 2014
- Shenanigans in social media – An author brags about stalking a reader - October 19, 2014
- Dear Author/Jane Litte Defence Fund - October 4, 2014
- Why yes, schadenfreude makes your butthurt look big - September 30, 2014