Blogging muster will be a regular monthly post linking to reviews, articles and other interesting things that the Book Thingo bloggers have been up to—basically, one long in-case-you-missed-it link roundup!
The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn (Wandergurl) — If you’re new to Julia Quinn’s work, start with the Bridgerton series instead.
In The Flesh by Sylvia Day (Gabby) — A hero that will piss you the eff off and a heroine that we had such high hopes for…
Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (Wandergurl) — A funny, humorous read. Just when you think the heroine will follow a romance trope, she turns it on its head.
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (Wandergurl) — A fresh, original take on the clever thief (and his merry men) of sci-fi/fantasy.
Legend of the Highland Dragon by Isabel Cooper (Wandergurl) — Inventive and fun, with well-written, wisecracking and well-grounded characters
The Velvet Room by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (Wandergurl) — A childhood favourite that stands the test of time.
Kat reviewed the following books for the Booktopia Romance Buzz:
- Fool Me Twice by Meredith Duran (book of the month)
- The Bride Insists by Jane Ashford
- Safe Harbour by Helene Young
- Lingerie For Felons by Ros Baxter
- Holiday With A Stranger by Christy McKellen
Stormswept by Shannon Curtis — Reviewed by Kat for Books+Publishing
Note: The Bubbly posts will automatically play when you click on the link.
- On killing fairies (Audioboo | Bubbly)
- Reading Aboriginal characters in romance books (Audioboo | Bubbly)
- Talking about LoVe on Valentine’s Day (Audioboo | Bubbly)
- Reading books with surprising endings (Audioboo | Bubbly) — Note: The Audioboo post is about 1.5 minutes longer than the the Bubbly post
Hello Neighbour: Six Questions with Book Thingo — Momemtum Moonlight invited us over to their blog, and it was great fun. You’ll rarely find all the Book Thingo bloggers in one post!
Shelf talk: New romantics — Kat’s roundup of new titles in romance for Books+Publishing
Like, what is even so great about boy bands? — Gabby at the Momentum blog talks about her favourite boy bands and makes us all feel old
Harmony vs. Romione: a battle of the ships — Gabby at the Momentum blog on why J. K. Rowling was wrong about Hermione and Ron
“To write a good letter is an extremely hard task”: the love letters you write when you have no freaking idea how to write a love letter — Jodi at the Momentum blog on the art of writing love letters
This Woman’s Work: my immense and passionate love for Kate Bush — Jodi at the Momentum blog on the awesomeness of Kate Bush
“Did you miss me?”: Pretty Little Liars, the new noir girl detectives — Jodi at the Momentum blog on why we should all be watching this show
Jodi’s regular column at the Momentum blog recapping The Bold and the Beautiful:
- The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 31 January 2014
- The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 7 February 2014
- ‘The Most Awkward Thanksgiving/Wedding Ever’: The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 14 February 2014
- “Terrible Stallion Photoshop Art” The Bold and the Beautiful weekly recap – week ending 21 February 2014
Kat hanging out with Escape authors and fellow bloggers (click here if you can’t see the video below):