This is a live recording of my speech at the Australian Romance Readers Awards Dinner in Sydney last month. You can find a copy of my speech here (with footnotes), but obviously there are some slight differences against the live recording.
I’m very sorry about the audio, but I basically plonked down the recorder on the lectern before I started speaking, so you will hear all the ambient noise and some loud thumping when my hand hits the lectern, and some crackling when I turn a page.
Rudi has forgiven me (I think). I hope you do, too.
Interestingly, my mum read the transcript and she was shocked that I was reading Clan of the Cave Bear for smut. She thought I was interested in the historical details. Oh, Mum.
- BT | Amz | Aud — The Ringmaster’s Secret by Carolyn Keene
- BT | Amz | Aud — Secret Obsession by Charlotte Lamb (the kissing cousins book…I think?)
- BT | Amz | Aud — The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
- BT | Amz | Aud — The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
- Australian Romance Readers Association
- Jodi McAlister — You find my podcast with Jodi here (part 1) and here (part 2).
- Lisa Fletcher — You can find my podcast with Lisa here
- Beth Driscoll
- Things no one tells you about romance readers — ROMA-winning article by Danielle Binks
- Stella Prize — Australia’s most prestigious prize for women authors
- Chat 10 Looks 3 — I refer to this podcast when I mention Annabel Crabb and Leigh Sales
- Readers & Writers Down Under
- Fictionally Yours, Melbourne
- Sydney Author Event
- How Harlequin Became the Most Famous Name in Romance — A must-read article by Kelly Faircloth